OUR COMMITMENTSOUR COMMITMENTS TO PROVIDING TOP QUALITY SERVICE TO OUR VISITORS
A CATEGORY 1 TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICE
A member of the network of Tourist Information Offices of France, the Noirmoutier Island Tourist Information Office is classified as Category 1, meaning it has a structure:
“A Category 1 tourist information office is an entrepreneurial structure whose purpose is to unite professionals and develop the tourism economy in its geographic area of action which supports a significant natural influx of domestic and international tourists.
Its multilingual team is necessarily managed by a director. The team is made of up specialized employees based on the structure’s and the region’s lines of development. It carries out national and international promotional actions. The structure offers a variety of services designed to generate income for itself and to justify a specific commercial policy.
The structure has people who are proficient in information technologies. A Category 1 tourist information office has a targeted promotional policy and implements tools to receive feedback from its clientele, that enable it to improve the quality of its services and those of its partners working in its geographic area of action. Its operations are in line with a strategy for promoting quality with the aim of improving its services and its overall performance.”
OUR TEAM IS COMMITTED TO:
- Providing a clean, comfortable and accessible reception area with furniture where visitors can sit and Internet access. The free reception area is easily identifiable and accessible thanks to appropriate signage. Emergency numbers are posted and are visible from outside. The office’s opening hours are displayed and visible to all.
- Giving each visitor a warm, pleasant welcome from a trip adviser as soon as they walk in the door, limiting wait times or at least making them more acceptable, and facilitating visitors’ information searches.
- Offering personalized advice to each visitor and giving them free information about the local tourism offerings.
- Receiving visitors at least 305 days out of the year, adapted to the influx of tourists, and answering their requests by telephone, post and email all year round.
- Providing paper tourist maps and guides, as well as information about all listed lodgings, monuments and cultural, natural and leisure attractions, events and activities, and emergency telephone numbers.
- Offering a tourist information service that makes use of new information and communication technologies (social networks, mobile, etc.).
- Facilitating the welcome and tourist information offered to foreign visitors through a trilingual service:
- a trilingual welcome by permanent staff;
- paper and online tourist information available in French, English and German; and
- ensuring the information about local tourism offerings is reliable and up to date.
- Sharing qualified tourism offerings based on topics of interest.
- Providing an online service that can check the availability of listed accommodation and make reservations.
- Handling complaints and measuring visitor satisfaction by collection and analysing satisfaction surveys.
- Promoting the office’s membership in the network of Tourist Information Offices of France, as well as its commitments to a quality strategy in the reception area and on the website.
- Setting up activities involving the network of local actors in the tourism industry.
- Launching sustainability and awareness campaigns relating to environmental protection.